Thursday, November 7, 2013

We meet again.

Last month, I decided to attempt NaNoWriMo again. It has been years since I've done it - lots of emotional struggles and just LIFE have kept me from writing, which I used to love so much. With the Priestess coming home in MSD form (my newest MNF Miyu), I've found it easier to find motivation to work on her story. After all, how can I introduce her to my friends if she's got no story?! So, this year, I'm cheating a bit and editing and adding more to my previously unfinished attempt to write part of her story. Oddly enough, this is book 2 out of the trilogy (with one other minisode stuffed in between books 2 and 3), so I'll have to also be wary of keeping timelines and other oddities in check when I finally do get to writing the first book. For now, all these ideas are mixed in my head, on notebooks, in binders, in my email drafts, and on multiple word documents. It is craziness!

I am absolutely horrid with blurbs, so I don't even know if I can fully explain what it is I'm writing about. Though I know not everyone will want to be reading the 75+ pages of my still-expanding novel about her. Still, here's a silly little blurb of sorts that give the gist of this second book I'm writing.


The Priestess is back, with powers she never thought she would be capable of without the help of her spirit guardians. After a confusing re-introduction into the Ronins' lives, the Priestess has to face dark secrets about her past as she confronts old friends-turned-enemies. In this sequel to Winter Premiere, we find out the real mission with which YUUKI was sent to Earth, the reason that she hasn't been able to get back, and, even moreso, why she absolutely must find her way to AURYEALIS now more than ever before.
I have to admit - I am absolutely in love with this story right now, and I'm constantly in the mood to be surrounded by all my messy notes and on the computer typing every night. So much so that I often lose track of the time and find that it's way past my normal bed time. For instance, last night, I slept around 3 and was just so lazy to get out of bed. I finally pulled myself out because I had to use the bathroom, lol. By then, it was 12 noon! Oops! I'm just on such a writing high right now. I'm not going to let a night go by without doing some writing because I just know that one night without writing will be enough to undo it!

So that's what I've been up to lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment